1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?
I had observed that the river water was not very clean, and rubbish can be seen occasionally. These are caused by people littering and throwing unwanted rubbish into the river.
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?
People stay near a river as they were born there, or they prefer the free usage of the river's water. The use of the river can be sustainable when people use boats as easy transportation and transporting of goods.
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?
A UNESCO World Heritage site should be able to bring different countries together through nature reserves or other places of interest, and also through culture and education. Can Gio has many different species and types of animals and plants. It teaches people to embrace nature and the importance of it.
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?The Singapore Zoo. It has many species of animals from all over the world, and this can be able to bring countries together.
5. What is the difference between the market that you have visited VS that of Singapore’s. Why do you think there are such differences?
The market I have visited is messy and crowded, and some of the fruits and vegetables are placed on the ground, but many of them are very fresh. I think that the people in the market do not think tables are necessary for the products, and their products are either grown by themselves or bought from other countries.