Can Gio Biosphere:
1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?
The water is very dirty.
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?
People use the river to catch food but too many people are throwing rubbish in the river.
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?
More people will realise the need to save nature.
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?
Merlion, as it is something unique in Singapore, how Singapore made its name.
5. What is the difference between the market that you have visited VS that of Singapore’s. Why do you think there are such differences?
The market is more messy, but sells more food and at a cheaper price. Also, the food is more fresh where the fish are still swimming.
6. Share a photo, from today, that resonates most with you. And why?
The trees are very calming and very nice to see