Can Gio Biosphere:
1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?
The river is very dirty and at certain parts of the river is really smelly.People who are living at the river bank will be throwing rubbish down the river just because of convenience.
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?
As they are travelling around places by water,so if they have a house on land,they have to stop their boat at some dock,and then get to the houses.Try not to throw waste into the river as much as possible.
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?
So to make sure that people know that the place is important to be protected,and know that it is part of the environment/history.To protect the wildlife there,and let people understand the importance of the wildlife,so they do not do anything that affect the environment.
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?
Labrador Nature Reserve,it is a place left behind by the British after World War 2.It shows people a little about the wartime scenario.Example:Underground bunkers.
5. What is the difference between the market that you have visited VS that of Singapore’s. Why do you think there are such differences?
Singapore’s market is much more hygienic to me as it seems to have less flies.Unlike the market visited today,around the stalls that sell meat,most of the time there will be a lot of flies.
I think it is more about their way of living,people here,sell the food fresh.
6. Share a photo, from today, that resonates most with you. And why?
It show the poor living conditions of the poorer part of Vietnam, which is completely different from people we see who form the richer part of the country.