1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?The ground had litter on it, which might suffocate animals, which think that the litter is food for them. Also, it will pollute the environment and give off a strong odour when decomposing.
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?The first reason is being the convenience of the people. People who live by the river can row their boats to the outsides of their house, unlike those who lives on the land, having to park it on the dock before going onto land and walking to their house. Furthermore, the roads in the country has waves of motorcycles driving past and accidents can occur rather frequently. For the river to be sustainable, people must work together to clean up the river and not throw rubbish or trash into it
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?The site must be important that has an important environment that the country wants to preserve behind it or a rich history which needs to be protected so that it can be shared to the future generations to let them know the sacrifices that their ancestors made for their country for it to become what it is today. The mangrove forest is home of many endangered species in the world. The plants in it might have medical value and help solve some incurable diseases today.
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?Sungei Buloh. It is a nature reserve Singapore has and contains multiple species. It also serves as a place where Singapore Students can go to on a field trip out of school and away from their textbooks.
5. What is the difference between the market that you have visited VS that of Singapore’s. Why do you think there are such differences?Singapore's wet markets have stalls unlike the stalls in Vietnam's wet markets. Mainly because the government in Vietnam do not feel the need to spend the money on such stuff since they have limited budgets.
6. Share a photo, from today, that resonates most with you. And why?
Even though the stall owner has a variety of vegetables they can sell, but the vegetables are not sold, this proves to show that the competition between stores is very high. The face of the stall owner does not seem to be that happy, maybe even scared that she could not sell enough vegetables to earn money to sustain the family