Can Gio Biosphere:
1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?
The water was not clear and it was dark, black and murky. Hence, the river is not purified. There was water pollution due to litter, algae and other dangerous substances,
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?
They can use the river as drinking water by boiling it. Perhaps THEY CAN USE IT TO CONVERT AS ENERGY SO THAT THEY can use it to do other processes.
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?
This is because it is a nature reserve which helps in our environment and would benefit the entire world. Hence it is a UNESCO as it helps to prevent carbon emiss, etc. It also encourages and wants to also play a part in saving the environment.
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?
Marina Barrage, because it was the place where NEWater started (NEWATER is a better and purer type of water) It also encourages against water pollution by helping Singapore to have and obtain pure drinking water.
5. What is the difference between the market that you have visited VS that of Singapore’s. Why do you think there are such differences?
Vietnam’s market was very old-fashioned as it was very dirty and messy. Even though the food here is more fresher than Singapore, I think the food will be very unhygienic due to the flies i have seen. Singapore’s market is at least cleaner and well-organised.
6. Share a photo, from today, that resonates most with you. And why?
This is because It was a fun experience and we manage to win the competition and i learn teamwork, friendship and survival skills (canoeing)