1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?
There was too much litter in the river. Humans thinking that the river is a dumping area that they throw it into the river, not knowing that it will cause pollution.
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?
People live near rivers because rivers provide them with fresh water to drink and bathe in, and they get fish from the water too. They also use rivers for transportation and to grow crops. As the water from the river is always running, they would have a free and large supply of water for a very long time.
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?
Gardens by the bay as it features many types of plants unique to Singapore.
5. What is the difference between the market that you have visited VS that of Singapore’s? Why do you think there are such differences?
The market that I have visited is unorganised and unhygienic, but most of the raw foods there are fresher compared to Singapore’s markets.