Can Gio Biosphere:
1. As you were travelling down the river, what were some problems you observed? What are the causes of these problems?
1. The water was quite dirty and there was occasionally rubbish in the water. This could have been because the people living near the water dumped everything into the river.
2. Why do people stay near a river? How can the use of the river be sustainable?
2. They can fish and sell things along the river. To sustain the river, perhaps everyone could take the effort to make the water cleaner by not throwing rubbish in it anymore.
3. What does it take for a location/site to be listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site? Why is it essential for a location like Can Gio to be listed as such a site?
3. They need to contain superlative natural phenomena or areas of exceptional natural beauty and aesthetic importance. It is essential because after a site is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site, the public cannot do any harm to it and the site will also not come to any harm.
4. If there is a place in Singapore that you can list as a UNESCO World Heritage site, which is it? Why?
4. The Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. As Singapore barely has wildlife living in the wild anymore, it would be good if the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, rich with various plants and animals, it would be good for it to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5. What is the difference between the market you have visited VS that of Singapore's. Why do you think there are such differences?
5. The market we visited was slightly dirty but much more lively. I think this is most likely due to the fact that the market is not in the main part of HCMC and a boat is needed to travel to the market. Thus sales might be low and they won't have money to pay for better things. Furthermore, majority of the people at the market we visited were quite old and weak. They couldn't do much too.
6. Share a photo, from today, that resonates most with you. And why?
6. The sky was beautiful and the leaves were in perfect position. This shows the awesome weather.